You are required to produce your own essay in response to a specified essay question.
The essay question will be presented in week 4 of session.
The essay will be about the impact of computers and information technology, including ethical implications, across the general areas of business, society and culture.
The Essay Task:
Discuss the positive and negative impacts of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) upon business, society and culture since the invention of the Internet and the responsibilities of computer professionals to ensure ethical use of emerging ICT applications in the future.
Assessment Criteria for the Essay
This essay is worth 35 marks for the unit.
The criteria used to assess the essay are:
6 marks = Research
• Evidence of appropriate breadth and depth of research for the question
• Relationship and relevance of articles to the question
• Appropriate referencing of articles.
22 marks = Content and Analysis
• Clear and appropriate understanding of the question
• Critical discussion of the question
• Logical argument demonstrated through referenced articles.
7 marks = Clarity
• Suitable structure and organisation
• Clarity of writing style for readability
• Appropriate expression, grammar and spelling.
Always keep a copy of your work!
Your essay should include, but not be limited by the following elements:
1. Academic referencing protocols are required.
2. Use headings if appropriate.